Fire ‘accidental’


A FIRE at a two-storey shop in Playne St, Frankston, is thought to have started accidentally, police now say.

Detective Sergeant Gary Richards, of Frankston CIU, said the Thursday 23 February blaze may have been started by an overloaded power board.

Authorities were originally investigating whether the fire had been deliberately lit (“Shop fire ‘suspicious’”, The Times 27/2/17).

The fire, detected about 1am, caused extensive damage to Wild Jasmine Thai Massage and the adjoining Family Life business.

First published in the Frankston Times – 6 March 2017

Pin It

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *