JAMES Morrison will headline a star-studded evening to celebrate the Christmas season at the annual Carols by Kingston event.
Kingston mayor Cr David Eden said Carols by Kingston is a great chance for the community to get together with friends and family before the holidays and relax in the park to the sounds of Christmas cheer.
“This free, family-friendly community event has plenty on offer with fantastic performers, food vans, kids rides, market gift stalls, a visit from Santa and a spectacular fireworks finale,” Cr Eden said.
Carols by Kingston marks the start of Kingston’s Season of Festivals with four events planned for the coming months.
Carols by Kingston will feature:
- Performances from James Morrison, Vince Jones and pianist Mathew McMahon
- Wendy Stapleton and the Australian Women’s Choir
- Christmas market stalls including kid’s gardening gifts, handcrafted jewellery, Christmas decorations and a range of home decor and handcrafted items
- Children’s carnival rides and dedicated children’s area with free arts & crafts, face painting and balloon animals
- Accessible services including Auslan signing
Visitors can also help support community groups at the Edithvale Fire Brigade fundraising sausage sizzle and by buying a candle to support the Kingston Toy Library.
Carols by Kingston, an alcohol-free event, will be held at Sir William Fry Reserve, Highett on Sunday 10 December, 6.30-9.30pm.
See kingston.vic.gov.au/carols online or call 9581 4916 for more details.
A limited number of reserve seating spaces will be available at $15 each and can be bought online or in person at council’s customer services centres.