SUMMER nights will once again be filled with live music thanks to the return of the popular Kingston Arts Pop Up Bar for a sixth consecutive year.
The newly renovated Kingston Arts courtyard in Moorabbin will host free live music every Friday night in February.
“This is a great annual event where our community gathers together with friends, family and workmates to enjoy fantastic live music right here in the neighbourhood,” the mayor Cr Steve Staikos said.
The Pop Up Bar is part of Kingston Arts’ year-round calendar of events including theatre performances, children’s entertainment, art house movies and comedy shows.
Performers at the 2018 Pop Up Bar include:
- 2 February – Soulfire with Andrea Marr
- 9 February – Jam The FUNK
- 16 February – Soul Sacrifice (Santana Cover Band)
- 23 February – Soul Sister and Dirty Laundry
Artist-in-residence Robert Scholten will be running a hands-on interactive art event to entertain all ages on 2 and 9 February.
The weekly event will also feature:
- a chill-out zone featuring DJs, giant Jenga game and interactive art
- a variety of food trucks including Greek Trojan, Mutter Krause, Nuoc Mama, Yo India and The Real Jerk
- Braeside brewery The Boatrocker Brewing Company will supply craft beer.
For further information see kingstonarts.com.au online.