ST Kilda Football Club has lodged plans for the second stage of the Moorabbin Reserve redevelopment.
Plans can be viewed at Kingston Council’s website online and council will consider submissions before assessing the permit application.
The AFL club’s stage two plans include:
- new AFLW change rooms, a treatment room, and an expansion of existing administration facilities to accommodate women’s football league at Moorabbin Reserve, which will begin in January 2020.
- an eastern building extension for a second indoor sports court.
- a western building extension along Linton Street for a new aquatic facility, including a 25-metre lap pool and a hydrotherapy pool. The facilities will support player training and recovery but when not used by the club will be made available to the community and school groups.
- The oval will be retained in its current configuration with the addition of a new 1,000-seat grandstand on its western side, adjacent to Linton Street. At its southern extreme, an enclosed space would provide additional storage.
- The existing car parking facilities will increase by 36 spaces plus an additional 48 spaces located between the proposed grandstand and Linton Street while 12 existing spaces next to the dog park would be removed to accommodate the additional indoor sports court.
See kingston.vic.gov.au/Property-and-Development/Planning/Advertised-Planning-Applications online or call council on 1300 653 356 for details.