Detectives from the Echo Taskforce have charged a man as part of an ongoing investigation into a home invasion in Hampton Park last week.
The 33-year-old Frankston man was arrested at his property in Karingal Drive, Frankston shortly after 1.30pm yesterday.
He was also served with a Firearm Prohibition Order.
The arrest follows an aggravated burglary in Hampton Park on 9 September.
Following a search of the address, police seized a hand gun, ammunition, samurai sword, a range of drugs including methamphetamines, cocaine and steroids, Outlaw Motor Cycle Gang clothing, and what are believed to be stolen war medals.
A stolen Range Rover was also seized from the property.
The man has been charged with a range of offences including:
- Aggravated home invasion
- Intentionally cause injury
- Make threats to kill
- Unlawful assault
- Firearm Prohibition Order – fail to immediately surrender firearm
- Possess general category firearm
- Possess cartridge ammunition
- Traffick methylamphetamine
- Traffick cocaine
- Possess methylamphetamine
- Possess cocaine
- Possess testosterone
- Possess prohibited weapon
- Commit indictable offence whilst on bail
The man was remanded in custody and will face Melbourne Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Victoria Police News – Thursday, 13 September 2018