ANIMAL enthusiasts, pet owners and their four-legged friends are invited to Kingston Council’s annual Pet Expo.
Kingston mayor Cr Steve Staikos said the Pet Expo is a fun day out for the whole family and dogs are welcome to join in the fun.
“Kingston’s Pet Expo is a terrific way to promote responsible pet ownership and to celebrate our love for animals and pets within the community,” Cr Staikos said.
“My schnoodle Pepper is a much-loved part of our family and I know first-hand the joy a pet can bring to our lives.”
The much-loved free annual event is on Saturday 28 April from 10am-3pm at a new venue this year, Kingston Heath Reserve in Cheltenham, across the road from DFO.
The Pet Expo features:
- Free activities including pony rides, face painting and animal farm demonstrations from the Moorabbin
- Dog Obedience Club, Frankston Fly Ball competition
- Ferret races, sniffer dogs and more best-dressed dog, happiest dog, best dog trick
- Bring along a photograph on the day for the prettiest cat and grumpiest cat competitions
- Sausage sizzle and ice cream and market stalls
- 50 free showbags including dogs’ and cats’ leads, toys, treats
Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Owners can also register their pets at the event.
“Pet registration is crucial to ensure our local laws officers can reunite lost pets with their owners,” Cr Staikos said.
“Some people don’t realise that pet registration is compulsory but we can help and will have staff on hand to make registering your pet quick and easy.”
See kingston.vic.gov.au or phone council to find out if you are eligible for reduced registration fees, as you may need to bring along documents on the day to receive a discount.
See kingston.vic.gov.au/pet-expo or call 1300 653 356 for more information.