SIX arts projects have been awarded Kingston Council annual arts grants.
Diverse projects including carers’ art classes, historical storytelling, a Chinese Cultural Festival and sci-fi workshops “to imagine the future” are among the grant recipients.
The 2018 Kingston Arts Grants have been awarded to:
- Weekly tutored art classes run by artist Alison Pilcher through the Central Bayside Community
- Health Service for carers of family members with a disability ($3000)
- Artist Yanni Mougos will draw on historical photographs to create a series of interactive pieces on changes in the area ($5000)
- Artist Robert Scholten will explore ideas about Kingston’s future through a series of community sci-fi imagination workshops ($5000)
- Kingston Chinese Senior Citizens Club will present a Chinese Cultural Community Festival ($2000)
- Citizen Theatre will combine photography, painting, writing and theatre in Forgotten Suburbs ($5000)
- A collaborative performance between members of Southern Area Concert Band and musicians and dancers for different cultures around the world to share their music ($2000)
“We’re proud to support such an interesting and diverse group of grassroots community artists and I’m looking forward to seeing their projects in action,” Kingston mayor Cr Steve Staikos said.
See kingstonarts.com.au for more details.