A Cranbourne North woman and a Carrum Downs man are facing a raft of drug and weapons charges as police across Melbourne’s outer south-eastern suburbs executed two unrelated early morning search warrants on Tuesday 8 November.
Drugs alleged to be methylamphetamine, 1,4-butendiol, ketamine and ecstasy were seized by police, along with two firearms, two knives and several allegedly stolen number plates.
Supported by the Dandenong Divisional Response Unit, Cranbourne police executed a search warrant at approximately 5.50am at a residential address in Llewellyn Court, Cranbourne North where they arrested a 38-year-old Cranbourne North woman.
At about 8.10am, Mornington Peninsula Divisional Response Unit detectives uncovered traffickable quantities of illicit substances during a search warrant at a residential address in Portland Drive, Carrum Downs, arresting a 20-year-old Carrum Downs man.
During the two separate search warrants, police seized:
- Approximately 135 grams of what is alleged to be methylamphetamine with an estimated street value of $27,000.
- Approximately nine and a half litres of what is alleged to be 1,4-butanediol with an estimated street value of $23,750.
- Approximately 30 tablets of what is alleged to be ecstasy.
- Approximately one gram each of what is alleged to be ketamine and cannabis.
- One revolver.
- One homemade handgun.
- Two knives.
- Approximately $7050 cash.
- Several allegedly stolen number plates.
- Several allegedly stolen bank cards.
The 39-year-old Cranbourne North woman has been charged with traffick commercial quantities of methylamphetamine and 1,4-butanediol, traffick firearms, prohibited person possess a firearm, possess ammunition without a license, possess a drug of dependence, handle stolen goods, possess property suspected of being the proceeds of crime, possess explosives, make false documents and failure to provide access to storage devices.
She has been remanded to appear before the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 9 November.
The 20-year-old Carrum Downs man has been charged with traffick ketamine and ecstasy, possess ketamine, ecstasy, and cannabis, possess prohibited weapons, and possess property suspected to be proceeds of crime.
He has been bailed to appear before the Frankston Magistrates Court on 16 February 2023.
Victoria Police News – Tuesday 8 November 2022