Moorabbin Crime Investigation Unit detectives have charged two teenagers following a series of serious crimes across the southern suburbs of Melbourne this month. A 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy were arrested in relation to alleged aggravated burglaries, thefts, attempted aggravated burglaries, criminal damage and theft of motor vehicles. The offences are alleged to have taken place across Hughesdale, Brighton, Gardenvale, Hampton, Dromana, Berwick and Dandenong between 15-18 September. The 16-year-old boy was charged with aggravated burglary, 2x attempted aggravated burglary, 2x theft of motor vehicle, possess prohibited weapon without excuse, theft, fail to stop on police direction, obtain property…
Author: BaysideNews
STATE government grants for projects which improve the health of Port Phillip Bay are now open. There are $2.16 million worth of grants on offer through the 2025 Port Phillip Bay Fund. The grants are expected to be offered to environmental groups, Traditional Owners, local councils, schools, and research institutes.Victorian environment minister Steve Dimopoulos said that Port Phillip Bay “is one of Victoria’s most iconic tourist attractions, and a beloved local landmark. We are proud to support the great work of local groups caring for their bay to keep it this way.” “The Port Phillip Bay Fund has helped more…
Compiled by Cameron McCulloughA COMMITTEE meeting was held on Thursday night, September 17, to draw up recommendations to the Progress Association for the proposed Frankston bowling green.Crs. F. Wells, J. Bradbury; J. L. Pratt, Messrs. Marshall, Holman, Muntz (Shire engineer), and Mr. J. A. P. Ham (Shire secretary) were present. Apologies were received from Messrs. W. C. Young and D. J. Quartermain.Cr. Wells (Shire president) was appointed chairman, and reported to the meeting that the Minister of Lands had informed him that the site had been surveyed, and that the residents could proceed to form a club.The area surveyed provides…
FOUR people have been arrested after an alleged arson attack on a vacant building in Moorabbin.The fire broke out at the Nepean Highway building at around 12.40am on 17 September. Emergency services attended and extinguished the blaze, leaving the building with moderate damage.After the fire, police followed an allegedly stolen Subaru Forester to Berwick-Cranbourne Road in Clyde North. They used stop sticks to pull the car over at around 1.20am.A 22-year-old Carrum Downs man, a 20-year-old Noble Park man, a 21-year-old Noble Park man, and an 18-year-old Frankston man were arrested and charged with criminal damage by fire, going equipped…
FREE and low-cost events for seniors will return next month for the annual Kingston Seniors Festival.The festival runs throughout October. Printed programs are available at Kingston Council’s customer service centre, Kingston Libraries, community centres, and at Coles and Woolworths supermarkets.Kingston mayor Georgina Oxley said “our older residents are the heart of Kingston — they help shape our neighbourhoods, share their knowledge and stories, and bring warmth, strength and wisdom to our community.”“The Seniors Festival is a chance to recognise and celebrate those contributions, while encouraging all older people to stay active and engaged,” she said. “Most importantly, it’s about connection.…