A YOUNG partygoer was knocked to the ground and kicked in the head in Alicudi Av, Frankston South, 9.30pm, Saturday 18 July. Detective Sergeant Alastair Hanson, of Frankston CIU, said the 18 year old victim, of Mt Martha, had been refused entry to the party and was standing outside with friends when a stolen black Ford sedan drove past and the occupants threw eggs. The car pulled up and two men demanded the victim’s alcohol. He refused and the men punched him to the head, knocking him unconscious onto the footpath. They then kicked him to the body and one…
Author: Bayside News
A MAN held a knife to the throat of a woman walking along Kars St, Frankston, 9.25am, Thursday 16 July, and demanded her mobile phone. The woman, 50, who was talking on the phone while walking her dog, fought off the man, who ran off along Denbigh St when a passer-by stopped to offer assistance. He was last seen jumping a fence. Detective Senior Constable Darren Paxton, of Frankston CIU, said the man had earlier followed another woman, 27, pushing a pram up Kars St from High St. He had been seen near the football oval and, before that, in…
A 59-year-old woman has been charged following the death of a 64-year-old Seaford man in hospital on Monday evening after a serious assault on the weekend. The Seaford woman has been charged with one count of murder. Detectives had previously charged the woman with intentionally cause serious injury on 20 July. The woman will appear before the Melbourne Magistrate’s Court on 9 November.
By SEAN O’KELLY AT the rear of Cafe Moto, in Carrum, a rookie motor cycle racing team is preparing for its first assault on the “Holy Grail” of street motorcycle racing: the Manx Grand Prix. The two-week event is held on the Isle Of Man in August/September. But it won’t be the Oilee Racing Team’s first foray onto the international circuit: Last year it sponsored double amputee Alan Kempster in the Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island. The sponsorship was a “sweet mix of pride and passion”, team owner/manager Lee Allen said. The Oilee Team took on a huge challenge…
KINGSTON Council is offering a range of courses to help older drivers continue to drive safely for as long as possible. The free courses are open to all Kingston residents and aim to help older drivers remain safe on the roads. Kingston mayor Cr Geoff Gledhill said older people who are able to continue to drive safely are more able to stay connected with their community and regular routines. “These courses will help older people assess their own ability, learn safe driving techniques and how health issues may impact on driving ability,” Cr Gledhill said. Bookings are required for all…